Cardio Fitness Equipment – Treadmill Maintenance
How to video provides a primer on the cleaning and maintaining of a commercial treadmill, particularly between the belt and deck surfaces.
In a nutshell, Heartline’s preventive maintenance approach to cardiovascular fitness equipment encompasses the following:
- Test and run diagnostics on all cardiovascular equipment for proper operation and determine any error codes.
- Clean and vacuum cardiovascular equipment per manufacturer recommendation.
- Inspect treadmill belts and decks for signs of wear.
- Remove treadmill motor shrouds and vacuum internally.
- Lubricate treadmill belts and decks per manufacturer recommendation.
- Inspect elliptical mechanical parts for signs of wear and fatigue.
- Check bike chains, cranks, pedals and straps and replace as required.