Great total body, self-powered bike that will not break the bank! For more, check it out….
Star Trac Turbo Trainer (TM)
The Turbo Trainer by Star Trac is a commercially designed air-driven bike that delivers simultaneous upper and lower body exercise through a distinctive isokinetic resistance mechanism. The flywheel design displaces air at a rate that matches the users effort level; the harder the flywheel is turned (higher RPM), the greater the isokinetic resistance. This user drive system makes it a perfect complement to any facility, as the Turbo Trainer is appropriate for every fitness setting, from cardiac rehabilitation to sports performance and CrossFit boxes. The bike can also be used in the upper body only mode by placing the feet on the spacious foot platforms; making it perfect for users with lower body injuries or those wanting to focus on upper body only power.
The concept of an air bike is not new, but they have historically been built for low-use facilities or consumer applications. Durability topped the list of design requirements for the Turbo Trainer by Star Trac–to be engineered to withstand the stresses placed on it by athletes of any level. Since the Turbo Trainer is compact and self-powered, it can be easily positioned in any facility.
Other Design Elements Include:
- Patent pending bottom bracket and pedal system provides unparalleled strength and durability in a robust drive train design
- Isokinetic flywheel provides a powerful isokinetic tool for all types of training situations from low RPM low load rehab to high performance high Watt output interval training
- Compact and self-powered.
- Console measures workout metrics: including elapsed time, distance, kilocalories, RPM’s and telemetric heart rate when combined with a compatible chest strap
- Dual platform pedals with inline skate-style straps provide users for secure hold or strap-free platform workout
- Seat height, fore and aft adjustments for ideal fit.
- High reliability at a very affordable price.
- 350 lb. user capacity.
- Commercial warranty – Fee Based Facilities: 2 Years Parts and Labor, and Non-Fee Based: 3 Years Parts and Labor.
For further information and background on the Turbo Trainer by Star Trac, please don’t hesitate in contacting Heartline Fitness today at 800-262-3348, or by email at [email protected]
About Star Trac Fitness:
Based in Vancouver, Washington, Star Trac has been a leader in the development and advancement of fitness products since 1979, focused on providing equipment to mold lifelong habits for health and fitness. Its user-focused product innovations are reflected in the company’s complete line of cardiovascular and strength equipment, including the revolutionary Star Trac Coach, a personalized treadmill workout led by a professional coach, new Star Trac TreadClimber, the groundbreaking Spinner® Blade Ion, Blade, NXT, and eSpinner®, the latest Spinning® innovation resulting from the long standing relationship between Star Trac and Mad Dogg Athletics, and the Leverage®, Instinct, Impact, and Inspiration Strength lines that takes aesthetics, biomechanics, and features to the next level. More than four million people in over 75 countries use Star Trac exercise equipment daily, enjoying its unparalleled functionality and style.