How to video provides a primer on how to properly care for cleaning and maintaining strength equipment guide rods.
In a nutshell, Heartline’s preventive maintenance approach to strength training equipment encompasses the following:
- Inspection of all welds and weld joints for signs of metal fatigue.
- Inspection of all cables-cable crimps, cable farrels, S hooks and bolting attachments.
- Inspection of all pulleys and pulley bearings.
- Replacement of any cables where cable is frayed.
- Stripping of nylon coating where coating is frayed.
- Inspection of all moving bushings and bearings for signs of early wear which could endanger the safety of equipment users.
- Cleaning weight stacks of all excess oil, grime, or dirt.
- Touch up painting of weight stacks (numbered lettering excluded).
- Wipe down all equipment with formulated mild cleaning solution.
- Degreasing guide rods with degreasing solvent.
- Re-oil all guide rods bushings and bearings (Brake-Free).
- Adjust cable and/or belting as necessary to facilitate proper range of motion.
- Clean and oil all range of motion carriages.
- Adjust pulley alignment for smooth cable or Kevlar ® belt wear.
- Inspect and tighten all loose bolts.
- Check cam alignment and make adjustments as required.
- Inspect for excessive foam wear which could cause safety concerns.
- Inspect and oil all weight plate bushings as required.