A fitness center in a multi-family housing complex is a great value-add amenity that can help improve the value of the property, attract new residents and retain current customers. In fact, more and more people are basing their decisions on the quality and availability of such amenities when renting apartments, says the National Apartment Association.
However, managing a fitness center can be a major headache if you use low-quality machines that break down, or equipment that is not aligned with the property or the resident demographics. The money you save initially won’t make up for the trouble down the road. Additionally, you want to ensure that the residents are enjoying the facility by installing equipment that will motivate them to exercise — otherwise, they won’t recognize the value in paying a premium for such an amenity.
Here’s how to choose the right fitness equipment partner so you can elevate the resident experience while lowering the maintenance cost:
- Make sure you’re purchasing high-quality equipment that’s reliable and meets the highest safety standards. Using a vendor partner that offers a full line of fitness equipment (e.g., cardio, strength, racks, accessories) can help streamline the management of your facility and maintenance of the machines.
- Choose a vendor partner that’s committed to quality and responsive service, so you can deliver a clean, safe, and reliable experience to your tenants. They should offer a variety of maintenance agreements and assessment services to meet your needs and budget.
- Research the manufacturer’s safety history to avoid potential injuries or liability issues.
- Select a brand that has years of experience in the fitness business and offers an outstanding customer experience. In addition, it should have a nationwide sales and service network to ensure that you can always get the support you need when you need it. This includes a strong product warranty once installed.
- Look for a vendor partner that offers a comprehensive solution, which includes the assessment and design of your fitness center. For example, Heartline Fitness Systems offers consultative services on amenity space design, brand/product selection, fitness center programming, and facility management.
If you’re ready to elevate your property’s residential experience with a state-of-the-art fitness center, Heartline Fitness Systems is your total solutions partner. Get started today.